Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 44: Happy New Year!

I seriously can't believe that it is already a new year!! I don't really feel like 2016 even happened in a way since it went by so fast! Just crazy.

So, honestly, I don't have much to say about this week. Not a whole lot happened. We knocked on doors. We spoke to some people. We rode the bus a lot, again. I don't know how that always ends up being the case. It was kind of annoying this week since it was holiday this while week so all the buses were running a lot less frequently, but we managed, it wasn't too bad. We visited a lot of less actives and members as well and tried to continue to help them. We were also helping make these little random doll things for a nonmember wife of a member. That was fun. What else... New Year's Eve was fun. We got to come in at 6 and so we had time to make proper food, like fried chicken, mashed sweet and normal potatoes, and what Sister Majc called Russian salad or something like that. How is that I keep talking about food in these emails? I do do other things, I promise. We didn't do a whole lot that evening though, mostly just chilled. Good times. Sunday we ended up being the music people again since church was sparse. We also got a less active to come to church for the first time in 6 years, that was pretty great. So yeah. That was basically my week.

So New Years. I don't know about you guys, but I am really horrible at New Years Resolutions and stuff like that. I end up forgetting them most of the time and stuff like that. Have you guys seen the Mormon Message called New Year's: Look Not Behind Thee? If not, watch it, it is hilarious, I love it. It's a good one. We watched it and shared it with some people this week, not only because of the New Year theme, but the message it has, and it really relates to something that we as missionaries are doing in our zone right now. In the video, one lady makes a statement along the lines of how everyday is the beginning of a New Year, so we can always have the chance to start again. It's something that I love in this gospel, that we always have the chance to start again, Heavenly Father gives us billions of chances to start over, to try again, to do our best, to become better. So along with this message we have been sharing with people, we have been inviting people that instead of making big New Year's resolutions that, let's be real, they are going to forget about and not do most of the time, to do New Day resolutions, that each day, think of something small you can do to help yourself come closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and more perfectly align our will to His. I have really enjoyed sharing this with people this past week, so I thought I would share it with all of you as well!

Hope you are all doing well and that you are excited and ready for a new year! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment