Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 7: Surprise!

This week was actually relatively uneventful, but there were a couple of random good and bad surprises.....

Day 47: Had another zone p-day, that was fun. Went and visited P again... Not a very exciting day.

Day 48: S called us and asked us to come over that morning, that was awesome. So we were able to have a lesson with her, and we brought Sister Munzer with us, who was so great. She is such a sweet lady. They both are. Went knocking. Told some members we would sing in a little choir with them for the adult stake conference session, but when we actually went to practice they ended up just asking if Sister Wood would play violin instead. That was kind of funny that she got herself into that.

District Meeting
Day 49: Had our last district meeting as this district. Sister Silvennoinen (who is going home to Finland after this transfer!) brought us all baked goods she made, which was so sweet and awesome of her. We went out street contacting... I am starting to notice that I never refer to just myself. It is always "we" or "us" or "my friend and I." You can tell I have been on a mission for awhile now...

Day 50: We were knocking and this lady gave us an umbrella. She wouldn't take no for an answer. She was super nice. We also got caught in a huge hailstorm.... The worst one I have ever been out in ever in my life. That was exciting. We were visiting an older lady in the ward, Sister Barker when her neighbor dropped off her three girls for her to watch. They were so cute. They go to a Church of England school, so the little girls sang us a little song about Christ and it was so sweet. Little children are truly the best examples for all of us. That night.... I dropped our little rubbish phone in water. Surprise! Doing so effectively broke it. We did not sleep well that evening...

Good Times!
Day 51: For morning exercise, we ran to the Elder's place to tell our zone leaders who gave us one of their phones so we could contact the mission phone and so others could contact us. The mission office was super nice and they immediately got a new one in the mail. We went out knocking again, had some good conversations, found some people who were a bit interested. I love getting into conversations with people, it is always so interesting to see where the conversation goes.

Day 52: We got our phone, yay! So we actually had two phones all day. We felt like AP's. ;) We saw G for the first time in weeks... And he has been reading the Book of Mormon everyday! We didn't think he was all that interested, but yeah! We are pretty excited about him now. Another surprise of this week... So the adult stake conference was this evening, and we were under the impression that Sister Wood would be playing violin with the member playing piano. But then the member's mom's health turned more poorly so she wasn't coming... So she and I and Sister Berg (from my district) pulled a musical number out of nowhere! We performed I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go. It turned out better than we anticipated. Sister Berg is an amazing pianist, Sister Wood was able to pick up the violin and play just fine after seven months and then I sang. Which I do everyday. But yeah, it was very stressful, but it went well and people appreciated the spirit it brought into the meeting, since we were the first thing in the program. That stake conference was the best. And surprise! S actually came without telling us! That was also awesome, and all of the messages seemed to really apply to her and her situation. It was an amazing meeting.

Day 53: Had more great stake conference, where as missionaries we all sang Called To Serve. Knocked some doors, talked to some people, visited with the Bishop and his family. It was good. Oh, we also got transfer calls. Surprise! Nothing is happening. :) I will be here in York for another transfer, this next one is actually going to be 7 weeks! I'll be here forever!

Being a missionary is the best thing ever. And I wish I had realized this before I ever left, that we are all missionaries. We can all share the gospel. Even just being an example of what you believe in helps to share the gospel. Because people notice. And I promise, it is not as weird as one may think to bring up the gospel with people. It's the start that is the most awkward. But as long as you are firm and true to what you believe, it doesn't matter. This has obviously been on my mind a lot lately!

I love you all! Hope things are going well for you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment