Sunday, February 5, 2017

Week 47: Fireside

So.... This week. It's been pretty good. We have been able to do a lot of good finding, which is great. We have some pretty good things set up for this next week that we are excited about. So yeah, lots of knocking on doors. Friday my lower back started hurting really bad, so that has been fun to have to deal with. It isn't that bad, it just sometimes makes me have to walk a little bit slower and lay down more when at home, but other than that, it's been fine.

Sunday was probably the highlight of my week. On Monday, President had invited me to come to this investigator fireside that was happening on Sunday to sing. Sadly, we couldn't find anyone to come with us, so we ended up going on a bit of a split with the Doncaster STL's, so I got to go with Sister Pro! Companion reunion! We went with her investigator and a member to the mission home, which is a great place, let me tell you. Such a beautiful home. I do love President and Sister Turvey. It was also fun to see some other missionaries I haven't seen in awhile. The theme of the night was "A Change Of Heart", based off of the verse in Alma 5, which is a great chapter. It was such a lovely evening. Missionaries gave little instructions and experiences of theirs, there was a time where missionaries and investigators and members could bare their testimonies, the spirit was so strong. It was amazing. There were a number of other musical numbers along side what I sang. President accompanied everyone who needed accompanying. I sang a song entitled "Stay With Me", not the one by Sam Smith which was my first though, but by Michael McLean. It's nice. Sadly, I don't have a video, but I may have the opportunity to sing it again, so that'd be cool. President gave some remarks and he showed some really funny videos about resolutions and making a change in our lives, along with the theme about having a change of heart of course. It was all really great. I loved the theme that they went with, it's one we can all hear! Just made me think a bit more of whether or not I am truly allowing for my mission to change me and help me become more of who God wants me to be as I strive to help others come closer to Christ as well.

I hope that you are all doing well and that you have a good week!!! Love you!!!!

--
Sister Barret

No comments:

Post a Comment