Thursday, July 14, 2016

Week 19: Swedish Fish

Apparently Swedish Fish are actually quiet American. And why do I bring this up? Because of my new Swedish trainee, Sister Lundahl!! Obviously, she is from Sweden, she is 20, has two older brothers, she loves the outdoors, and is the sweetest person ever! And as I am writing this I feel like I am trying to set her up on a date... That is weird. Oh well. Moving right along....

Day 138: Happy Fourth of July!!! Weird to celebrate it in the country we declared independence from... Oh well! We went out with S and K, which was well fun. They are so sweet. We had lunch and walked about, then they brought us back to York. We then met up with the other missionaries there where Sister Barry had organized a 4th of July barbecue for all of us. And for some reason, we trusted the non-Americans to cook the burgers... They set off the fire alarm ;) Love them. And once p-day was over, we ran to Sh's, A's and S's and had little testimony meetings. It was so great. And even though I wasn't going anywhere, it was a pretty emotional thing. It was so wonderful. I am so blessed to be a part of the lives of these amazing people.

Day 139: Woke up early, got the bus, got the train... And picked up my trainee!!! AAAHHH!! I can't believe it. So crazy... I can't believe that I am at this point in my mission... She is so great though. We ended up finding most of the day and had tea at the Cosens'. So not too terrible of a first day...

Day 140: I am pretty sure everything is conspiring against me to make me feel miserable as a trainer. Everything has been falling through... Also, it is weird to be back in the 12 week program. Three hours of study is a lot longer than two... Went and saw L and B, so at least we didn't find all day...

Day 141: I'm starting to understand some of the things Sister Wood would do a lot better now that I am in her shoes. We went and taught Sh, where A was pretty tired, making it hard to teach. We also then taught Ch, and brought S with us. Had the easiest law of chastity lesson I have ever had, oh my goodness, she is so excited to be baptised!!! Things are falling into place as far as Ch seems to be going. Which is awesome. Went and saw P at the end of the day, R was there, so that was nice.

Day 142: Everything fall through again.... Not sure if I like this whole responsibility thing... At least I know the area and the people we can go by and such...

Day 143: Saw Sh again. Talked to lots of people. Nothing exciting. Got caught in an evening down pour.

Day 144: Ch came to church!!!! Yay!!!! And Sh would have if it wasn't' for a bit of miscommunication. But Ch liked it and said she wanted to come again, so yay!!! Also, Sister Lundahl and I were chatting as we were out finding, and it just like hit me just how many people are praying for me. Maybe not always specifically for me, but for missionaries in general. All the people at the temple, in church meetings, on individual basis, so many people pray for missionaries. Yeah, it was just a cool little moment I had while walking down Green Lane again.

So yeah. That has been my week! Hope you are all having a good one as well! Love you guys!!!! Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment