Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 12: Trust

Trust is something that I have really had to learn.  And something that I have gained a lot of appreciation for.
Day 82: P-day. We went to the top of the minster. Yeah. It was pretty cool. Also, not for the faint of heart. Not because of the height, there is good protection and such, but because of the staircase. Narrow circular staircase. It was rough. And there is a middle part that gets you excited that you've reached the top, but no. You have to keep going.  Later, we did some finding and went and visited B.

York Minster
Day 83: We ran around. A lot. In the rain. It was kind of an exciting day. Started out with my interview with President where we talked about confidence as a missionary since that is something that I struggle with. We then ran to a lesson with a potential we were really excited about named J.  And guess what, we scheduled.  But we then had to run again so we wouldn't be late for zone training. Which was of course lovely. Talked about being bold and good stuff like that. Half way through I ended up doing a musical number... singing How Great Thou Art a capella by myself. Yeah, I agreed to doing it the night before and then kind of forgot about it till I got there. Yeah. People seemed to like it though. Later, we went knocking doors in the rain, always fun. I just suppose my future husband will be really good looking by the end of my mission. This one very kind Catholic lady gave us an umbrella. She was sweet. I love when we run into just the most lovely Christ like people randomly, even if they aren't interested in the gospel. They are still wonderful people. That evening we went to visit P and R was also there, so that was great. They are both so adorable. Also, I saw the mission famous Shoeman for the first time. That was fun.
Day 84: Knocked on more doors. Sister Wood left me at a door and I ended up giving this guy a Book of Mormon. That was pretty cool. I left that door thinking, "Is this even real life?" That was fun. We went and saw S again that evening. She is so amazing. She has had bad hip pains for years and has had to take a lot of pain medication for it. For years. She is supposed to have a surgery for it soon because it causes her so much pain. Ever since her baptism though, she hasn't needed to take any medication. Her pain has been gone. If that isn't a miracle, I don't know what is. Such a testimony to me that Christ can not only heal our souls, but also our physical bodies. It is amazing. She is so great. And she has been such an example to her family. She tries to answer her mum's questions, her husband has become a lot more supportive of her, and her son has mentioned that he wishes he could find that sort of peace, but he doesn't know how. She is so amazing.
Day 85: We went on exchange! And we scheduled a potential named K who we found out actually lives in our area! That was awesome. Sister Koepf was a little sad about it, because K is seriously so great.  And so adorable.  And she evened prayed at the end, which was awesome. We then went out and contacted a lot of people and had some good conversations. Overall, my exchange with Sister Koepf really helped my confidence. I love that we have stayed so close since leaving the MTC. I love her so much. It would be so amazing to be companions, but I doubt it will happen.
Day 86: Knocked more doors. Contacted some people on the streets. This guy named E we set up a lesson with, that was cool. Later we set up a time with a younger woman named H who is super cute. We went by a referral who lives more into town and we walked through all of the inebriated people who were leaving the York horse-races that have been going on. There were these two little girls playing flute and violin where a lot of those people were going by, collecting money. They were pretty good and super adorable. We chatted with their mom who was supervising nearby. They were cute. Let me tell you, there are a lot of street performers in York. It makes going into town just that much better. :)
Day 87: Visited with J again. She thinks the plan of happiness makes so much sense. She has been reading and praying and just being amazing. She really has the desire to find out the truth for herself. We then went out finding again! Always a good time knocking doors. People are just so interesting. I love people. They make me laugh. That evening, we had a member lesson with the Cosens, who are seriously some of the loveliest people. They are both converts and have such strong testimonies. And their daughter is so cute. She is 3 and reminds me a lot of Henaley for those at home who know her. So cute. But also strong willed. ;) Oh, also, I got kebaptised. It was pretty alright.

Mission Tradition!
Day 88: Yay church! Sadly, neither J nor K came, but S was there. She apparently hadn't slept much the night before, but her husband was highly supportive and kind of pushed her to go to church. Yay! He has been so supportive and his heart has been softening, it is amazing. Also amazing is the fact that her hip pain is still gone. K, her husband, can't believe it. He apparently asks her all the time if it is still gone. Miracles happen! Oh, I also taught gospel principles, something I had forgotten about until Sister Wood reminded me during comp study that morning. Oops! Thankfully, it was about faith and there were a lot of people that day in class, so I could use class input quite a bit! :) I think for the first time on my mission, I contacted someone on the bus and he actually turned into a potential. I do not like bus contacting, but now I have a testimony that it works as long as you try! We then went and visited L who has had some interesting health concerns lately that has been stopping her from coming to church, but she is trying and we are praying for her! She is so great. Also, that evening, Sister Wood and I made banana brownies. We have no idea how we made them, but they turned out quite well. Yay for experimental baking! Keeps things interesting.

Overall, things have been going quite well this week. I have grown to trust in God just that much more. With Him, we can seriously do anything. All we have to do is try. We just have to open our mouths and put for just a little bit of effort. It's okay if it is a bit awkward and clumsy at first, as we continue to trust and work at it, He will strengthen us and help us become more than we ever were. And I am so grateful that this is true and that I don't ever have to do anything alone. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment